Thursday 30 September 2010

Vandalism costs me.

Yesterday I paid out £80 to the company that employs Glen, the very nice and clever forensic computer fixer who found Trojan worms stuck in my computer by someone who wanted to stop me writing anything at all and to stop me putting anything on this blog. Two hours, that is how long it took an expert to find, examine, record and destroy these nasty little objects.
I still don’t know how they got past my firewall. It is not as if I have no firewalls and defence like the people who were robbed by internet bank account fraud Glen and others like him had investigated and arrested. I have lots of anti-viral software regularly updated and run, and yet someone stopped me writing.
Why me? What did I ever write that might have brought such anti-social behaviour? I’m nice to animals, I help old ladies cross the road, and I do unpaid work for the community as a volunteer. I gave up standing outside shopping centres with charity collection boxes a while back - the charity didn’t get much in the box in my hand. I let someone else do those tasks these days. I am no good at standing up for an hour or two.

So having got the “why me” thing done and dusted how many others are being targeted by such malware and how to stop it happening and costing others that £80? Apart from finding out who did it and having them locked up and barred from access to the internet for life as Glen and his team intend. There must be a safe download somewhere that will block Trojan writer stoppers. Maybe an add on to one of the many firewalls I already have ?

No comments:

Post a Comment